Bogotá City Tour
Take a 5-hour tour in Bogota and visit highlights of the city such as La Candelaria, Botero Museum, Chorro de Quevedo, Plaza de Bolivar, and Gold Museum.
Tour Duration5 Hour(s)
Ticket TypeE Ticket
Language SpokenEnglish, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
Bogotá City Tour is the most comprehensive way to see the relevant sights of the city in one day. You will be guided by a knowledgeable guide who will teach you about historical and current facts of Colombia.The first stop will be a visit through the picturesque cobbled streets of La Candelaria. You will visit the Botero Museum, which features works of the eccentric artist who has become an icon of Colombian contemporary art, Fernando Botero. You will have a stop at Chorro de Quevedo to appreciate the diverse contrasts that the historical center offers and learn more about Bogotá's history.After the walking tour in La Candelaria, you will reach Plaza de Bolívar; The main square of the city. The square is surrounded by administrative and governmental buildings that have been fundamental to the historical processes of the country that you will know through the tour guide.
Finally, you will walk through Jimenez Avenue to visit an impressive collection of indigenous gold pieces at the Gold Museum. At the exit, you will have the chance to shop at the handicrafts market at Santander Park.As an option, we can visit Monserrate Sanctuary, located within the imposing Eastern Hills of the city, at an altitude of 3150 meters above sea level. Ascending to the top of the mountain on a cable car, you will reach the most notorious pilgrimage point of the city and an incredible lookout spot in the capital below. This is a spot to grasp the historical and spatial context of the city.
Day 1 : Bogotá City Tour
- Walk through the picturesque cobblestone streets of the oldest neighborhood of Bogotá, La Candelaria.
- Contemplate the works of one of the greatest Colombian contemporary artists at the Botero Museum.
- Understand the social and historical dynamism that has given shape to Colombia at Plaza de Bolívar.
- Let yourself travel through a journey of native pre-Hispanic cultures; view one of the largest collections of indigenous gold objects in the world at the Gold Museum.
- Optional: Ride a cable car all the way up to 3150 MAMSL to Monserrate Sanctuary and contemplate Bogotá from above
- Private transportation from and to your hotel
- Expert guide in the language of your preference
- Cable car ticket. (If you book the visit to Monserrate)
- Tickets to visited attractions
- Monserrate entrance fee
- The order of the tour can be modified due to weather conditions. The Gold Museum is closed on Monday, however, we can change it for another museum according to group's interests.
- The stop at Monserrate Sanctuary is optional and adds more time and an extra fee to the tour. You can include it during your booking.
- Confortable clothes
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 72 hours or less before event